EYA, an award winning residential builder/developer, is seeking a Project Manager for our multifamily business. Responsibilities include pre-construction services, contract management, construction management, quality, buyer experience, cost control, schedule conformance and safety assurance.
We are looking for an energetic and tenacious self-starter with strong project management experience in new multifamily construction who can perform at both a strategic and hands-on level.
This is your opportunity to work directly for the owner/developer where you can engage from the inception to the close-out of exciting, urban-infill developments. Join a company with a proven history, strong financial forecast, exceptional reputation, and a great work environment!
- Manage and oversee day-to-day on site operations of third party general contractor to ensure project quality, safety and success
- Daily management and administration of contractor and consultant contracts
- Track subcontractor buy-out, submittal processing, RFI processing, material fabrication and production/critical path schedules for multifamily projects
- Continually analyze contractor’s schedule as well as subcontractor micro-schedules to ensure quality completion on time and on budget
- Ensure cost control by overseeing buyout, billing, reviewing contingency resources, negotiating change orders, and establishing and monitoring budgets
- Assist in claims mitigation and dispute resolution
- Ensure the community is built to requirements and specifications established by construction drawings, building codes, and homeowner selections
- Ensure project quality by enforcing EYA’s Quality Assurance Program including conducting work inspections to ensure quality standards are met and driving improvement in construction finish quality
- Manage the completion, inspection, and customer presentation process to ensure all homes are completed on time while ensuring very high customer satisfaction levels
- Develop and maintain strong, productive supplier and subcontractor relationships and communicate EYA’s quality and performance standards to each sub-contractor and supplier
- Enforce EYA’s “safety first” standards with the construction team and subcontractor and vendor base to ensure safety is the number one priority
- Coordinate with other departments such as Accounting and Sales to resolve issues
- Provide constructability review of construction drawings prior to issuance of 100% CDs
- Provide consultation and guidance for predevelopment activities on other projects as required
- Develop a collaborative work environment
- Attend/conduct weekly/monthly project staff meetings
- Generate weekly/monthly reports as required
- Continuously work to develop and improve oneself via education, industry organizations and/or construction/management related training
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as construction management or engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of related progressively responsible multifamily experience with at least 3 years supervisory experience (staff and subcontractor) and construction field experience
- Knowledge of construction procedures, trade practices, building codes, project scheduling, project cost control, safety procedures, and coordination of multi-family projects 200 units and larger
- Knowledge of scheduling software such as Primavera P6
- Computer proficiency to include the Microsoft Office program suite
- Deals with people in a diplomatic, courteous, respectful and professional manner
- High energy level with excellent interpersonal and relationship skills to effectively interact with contractors, architects, engineers, homeowners and residents
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with proven negotiation skills
- Proven leadership and management capability including conflict management, problem solving, proactive and sound decision making, innovative thinking, multi-tasking, forward planning and a drive for task completion
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills
- Both independent and a team player
EYA was established in 1992 with the vision of building innovative urban neighborhoods to the highest standards. The company has made its name and reputation by creating high quality, lifestyle friendly, residential communities throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area. Consequently, no other homebuilder in the region has received more residential building and land planning awards.
In nineteen years, EYA has constructed more than 3,000 homes in the cities of Alexandria and Washington D.C., and in Arlington, Montgomery, Prince George's, and Fairfax counties. Its development team has tackled some of the most challenging sites in the region, from building on the banks of the Potomac River to revitalizing passed-over neighborhoods. Today, the combination of convenient locations and classic architectural detailing ensures EYA homes—both old and new—are always in demand.
Like the communities we build, EYA homes are designed to stand the test of time. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of today's homebuyers; providing neighborhoods with a sense of place. A sense of pride. And a sense of excitement.
EYA is an equal opportunity employer.